Monday, December 8, 2014

Make it Monday! ... stamped star ornies

I'm dreaming of a red, aqua, & white christmas
just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten & children listen
to hear sleigh bells in the snow....
This year I decided to go with 
RED  AQUA & WHITE 
colors for  my christmas tree this year.
Here's a lil inspiration I found for it...
 
You wanna know whats funny? I used to have a tradition of getting my kids ornies for
xmas every year. so my tree was always the same, I never changed themes , and most of it was 
special ornies ( 4 kids every year... you do the math lol)
when the kids all moved out, I started changing my tree. and I always say Im not going to.
but pintrest is a bad influence.I see stuff i like then start changing it again lol
todays MAKE it Monday is going to be some new ornies I just made, I'll call them...
Stamped star ornies!
Here was my inspiration for these beauties...
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/104458960
These are for sale. you can click on image to be brought to 
their etsy site!

okay so here's what ya'll need
*fabric- they used burlap, I used flour sacks
*small safety pins
*bells
*buttons
*tulle
*felt
*stuffing
*twine - i also used bakers twine
tools- sewing machine, star template, needle , thread, scissors

Here we go....
Step 1~ First draw a star template. Your gonna have to cut 2 for every ornie you make. I made 6 so I needed 12. Trace & cut out your stars.

Step 2~ Now let's get your embellishments all done.
I cut out 6 small rectangles from left over flour sack material. & stamped words on them...
love, peace, joy, dream,wish & faith... you can put what ya want on em.
I then took some red felt & cut out 6 hearts. make sure its not going to cover too
much of your star.
I took my rectangled stamped material and used small safety pins to pin them to the hearts.
I bought a bag of gold & silver bells but I wanted mine vintagey looking, so I took acrylic paint and
I sponged it on the bells, not covering all of them.
Next I took my tulle and measured how big I wanted them and sewed a button on the 
middle like a bow.( when I was putting them together I decided I wanted them smaller
so I cut parts of them off to make them smaller)
Step 3~
 Now it's time to sew these together. I took my baker's twine and made 6 loops for the hangers, and put them on when Isewed them so they were secure. I started at the bottom & sewed around the edges leaving about 1/4 inch on outside. When I got to the bottom, while it was still on sewing maching. I stuffed them. I used a shish kabob stick to push some in the star points. I didn't fill them all the way.
Just enough to give them some puff. then finished sewing them closed.
Now I put my bell on twine & knotted them making loops.
Since you can't see the back I just hand sewed them to the back with some needle & thread.
As you can see in the picture.
Step4~ hot glue your heart embellies on...
Step 5~ Now hot glue your button bow on...
And your done! 

Now it's time to put them on your tree.. or give them as pressies.
 Sadly my tree isn't up yet. I did go & get it yesterday and haul it up to my house... but it's now sitting on the floor. I was being lazy & watched all 13 episodes of Z Nation yesterday..
I know not very christmasy . This year I'm having a hard time getting into the christmas spirit.
But i'm working on it =D
If you make one of these ornies, or wanna share some project your working on, or have a question 
feel free to leave me a comment.
You can see my pintrest board here. You can follow me !
just click here...
http://www.pinterest.com/kkreations2/

Next up sweet lil owl feltie ornies... so until next time.
Happy craftin Ya'All!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous ornaments! I think I'm going to try making these... I can see how you could keep changing them up to go with your current theme too. :)

    ReplyDelete