Wednesday, March 17, 2010

tea anyone?

My daughter wanted 14 different cups & saucers... she wanted nothing that matched lol...
So we scoured thrift shops, and flea markets for tea pots and tea cups. We found several teacups and saucers at a local flea market. We found out that the owner is a friend that is coming to the party's grandma... so she gave my daughter a discount...Bonus! We also spent the day with my sister, my mom , and my lil nephew going to a really neat thrift shop in Rogers , Arkansas. It benefits abused woman , so that made it even nicer. We hit the jackpot there. Got all the rest of our cups and saucers... well most of them. I ended up buying 2 cups from the dollar tree, and a really neat black and white set form hobby lobby.. Which incidentally my daughter and mother have been arguing over lol. here are some pics...

Here are some platic cups I picked up at the dollar tree during valentines day... and my daughter had to have the crazy straws... yes I know they dont match... I tried to tell her that... but hey she's a girl, and 12 ... she's stubborn lol and it's her party

Here are some vials i bought to make "drink me" favors. We could only find 8 of the taller ones, I scoured every dollar store, walmart and hobby lobby in a 40 mile radius. So theres 8 bigger ones and 6 smaller ones. I printed up the little cards and tied them on with neon colored ribbon , Kourt picked out at walmart.

Well thats it for the cups...oops almost forgot the kit is from Brittish designs- alice! Love her work!!!

XOXO
Tink
believing is only the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment