Monday, March 2, 2015

Make it Monday!... Cherry Jubilee Cheesecake Bars

Are ya ready for another
 MmmmMake it Monday!
The other day while browsing through my newsfeed for
the countless number of times... (come on you all know you do it.)
On Facebook, my friend amanda posted this yummy looking lasgna. I commented that
when she make it she needed to share some with me. I continued scrolling and sharing. One of the things I shared was a cherry jubilee cheesecake bars, they looked absolutely yummy.
Well I got a notification that amanda had tagged me so of course I went and looked.. she posted 
" You get to make dessert " on the cheesecake bars post I shared....
Yep bought the stuff and decided to make 2 batches .. one for home.. and one to share with my wonderful coworkers at work. I think they deserve a little appreciation.
 I have decided I cook more when i'm stressed. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing...
but it is a yummy thing lol.
So here goes....

Cherry Jubilee cheesecake bars
Ingredients
1 box Betty Crocker® super Moist® cherry chip cake mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cherry frosting
3 eggs
Instructions
1 Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat dry cake mix and butter with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly; reserve 1 cup. In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan, press remaining crumbly mixture.


2 In same bowl, beat cream cheese and frosting with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.


3 Bake about 45 minutes (about 42 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until set; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator. 

The yummy details...

Yep thats it.. so easy and so good . these were really easy to get out of the pan. Usually I have my husband take one out first do that I can get a good picture of one. So sometimes it takes 
a couple tries.. but these came out pretty clean.
I think if I make these again, I will chop up some marichino cherries 
& put them in the cheesecake mix.
Everyone at work seemed to like them.
One of my coworkers said these were delicious.. sinfully so.
I take that as  a compliment.
On a scale of 1 of 5 I give this...

Enjoy!
Happy cookin Ya'All!
Until next time....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment